Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Boston, MA (Remote candidates considered)
Oceanworks® is driving the circular economy by intercepting plastic waste discarded in the environment and making it easy for brands to source that material instead of buying new virgin plastic. Oceanworks is the one-stop-shop for recycled ocean plastic impact, materials, and products. Join us! Together we can design a world without plastic pollution. Learn more at: .
Job Overview: Full time role.
Accelerate a rapidly growing company by assuming the key operations responsibilities now clogging the CEOs day. If you can triage early-stage cash flows and are willing to learn about global logistics, and global payments, involving a truly worldwide network of suppliers and customers this role could be a fit. Attention to detail, process simplification and clear, timely communication is critical. Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable developing and implementing new procedures to reduce risk and streamline operations. This is a linchpin role with growth potential to a VP of Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day cash management including collections and payments
- Own the process of setting and tracking progress against OKRs and operational metrics
- Support supplier / customer data management and documentation of operating procedures
- HR support including resume screening, interview scheduling, hiring, paperwork, immigration, reviews, etc.
- Team building events and ongoing individual check-ins to build alignment and maintain morale
- Develop subject matter understanding sufficient to assist CEO in drafting emails, compiling notes, compiling industry news, drafting memos and/or presentations (as requested by CEO)
- Special projects (as requested by CEO)
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree; Masters or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bookkeeping experience and working knowledge of financial planning
- Comfort with numbers and experience with data analysis
- Able to make decisions with uncertain information and build alignment across functions
- Comfortable in an office and/or telecommuting
- Passion for the ocean and environment and desire and ability to build your knowledge of the global plastics industry