Oceanworks keeps waste plastic out of the ocean by making it easy for brands to buy it, use it, and tell the story. Our marketplace offers 100s of high-quality ocean and averted plastic resins, textiles, and products from Oceanworks Guaranteed suppliers worldwide.
Our expansive range of materials results in interest from a wide variety of industries and organization sizes. Our team is young, energetic, group-oriented and fast-paced. We work extremely hard but have fun along the way.
Fast paced and growing B2B services company seeking qualified and energetic candidate to join our team as a freelance technical content writer. As an Oceanworks freelancer, you will work with the Director of Marketing and be responsible for the production of engaging, creative pieces which are gripping and informative from start to finish. The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in technical/creative content writing (preferably in the sustainable materials industry). This freelancer role requires a confident self-starter with exceptional emotional intelligence and communication skills that is excited by challenges, and possesses the aptitude to learn quickly and take initiative. We welcome your interest.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
- Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed.
- Analyze information required for the development of creative/engaging content pieces.
- Review and/or edit content developed by other members of the team.
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
- Work with marketing team to define their content needs
- Thoroughly research written work to ensure all information included is factually accurate
Qualifications & Competencies
- Have 2+ years experience of technical content writing
- Have knowledge of the sustainable materials industry
- Have the capacity to work in a fast-paced, fast moving environment
- Have the ability to deliver projects quickly and within deadlines
- Produce engaging, creative pieces which are gripping and informative from start to finish
- Produce 100% original work
- Manage and deliver multiple pieces at once
- Work effectively with a team or alone
- Be extremely well organized
- Have excellent eye for detail
- Be able to deliver perfect articles without spelling or grammatical errors
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Passion for the ocean and environment
- To apply, please send your CV as well as a link to your up to date portfolio of existing technical content writing work to Phil@oceanworks.co