Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Boston, MA (Remote candidates considered)
Oceanworks® is the global marketplace for recycled ocean plastic materials and products. Our mission is to accelerate the market for recycled ocean plastic. We aim to support the circular economy by intercepting plastic waste before it enters the environment and providing material options that reduce the use of new materials. Join us! Let’s design a world without plastic pollution. Learn more at: www.oceanworks.co.
Job Overview: Full Time
Fast paced and growing B2B services company seeking qualified, driven, and energetic candidates to join the team as a Software Engineer. Company is actively engaged in the removal and repurposing of discarded ocean plastic pollution through an online marketplace with plastic resins and components sourced from around the globe. We need a candidate with hustle, scrappiness, and the desire to build reliable systems.
The Software Engineer will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for managing and expanding our technology infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with all internal team members to ensure that our internal and customer-facing systems meet ever-changing needs. Major projects will include developing web-based applications for customers, suppliers, and partners throughout the recycled plastic supply chain. Candidates should be comfortable spending some time writing code and also managing systems integrations, database administration, and setting up automations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build out changes to our customer-facing website
- Manage existing custom applications that are built using Node
- Build new custom customer- and supplier-facing applications in Node and React
- Work with suppliers to build data integrations for our Track and Trace Blockchain platform
- Collaborate with partners at Oracle in the implementation of the Blockchain platform
- Manage and improve systems integrations between different platforms such as Shopify and Airtable
- Work with internal team members to build automations to increase productivity
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in front-end website development with languages including HTML, SCSS, JS, and React
- Proficiency in basic back-end application development with Node and Express
- Database management skills are a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Off-hours calls may be required for consultation with partners in Europe and Asia