Title: Sourcing Specialist
Location: Company offices in Los Angeles, CA (preferred) and Boston, MA
Compensation: $80,000 + Benefits
Benefits: Health Benefits + Unlimited PTO
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Oceanworks® exists to keep our ocean clean by making it easy for brands to take action against plastic pollution. We provide brands a clear path to reduce their plastic footprint by transitioning to recycled plastic alternatives and/or directly removing plastic waste. Our team is high-energy, collaborative and fast-paced. We work hard and have fun along the way. Join us! Learn more at: www.oceanworks.co.
We are seeking a Sourcing Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and has the ability to build relationships with global collectors and recyclers of at-risk plastic waste. This role will report to Oceanworks VP Operations and offers the opportunity to drive the expansion of the world’s largest network of waste plastic collectors, aggregators and recyclers. We are looking for a data-driven, detail oriented, doer and relationship builder with the ability to find and engage plastic waste value chain partners globally.
Sourcing Specialist - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying, onboarding and managing new waste collection and recycling partners, to include compliance with the OWG guidelines and support of profitable business growth.
- Maintain updated supplier data within Oceanworks sourcing intelligence database.
- Support the implementation of Oceanworks Intelligent Track & Trace at supply partners.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance through supplier agreements and scorecards to effectively measure supplier performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply base by communicating objective performance metrics, focused on lead time reduction, on-time delivery, quality improvement, and cost reduction.
- Acquire and maintain awareness of markets and emerging material-related issues in the industry.
Sourcing Specialist - Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering.
- 2+ years of work experience in sourcing, data management, project management, sales.
- Experience in searching, selecting, qualifying, and developing relationships with international suppliers for existing and new products is desired.
- Ability to travel up to 1 week / month as required (international business experience strongly preferred).
Attributes of Ideal Candidates:
- An entrepreneurial mindset: Comfortable rolling up their sleeves and thrives in ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enhanced organizational and project management skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Comfort with numbers and experience with data analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to make decisions with uncertain information and build alignment across functions.
- Proven ability to initiate and lead in a rapidly evolving business context.
- Excels at developing systems and processes to streamline execution.
- Strength in setting goals and establishing metrics to track progress.
- Proficiency with cloud based softwares preferred (Gdrive, AirTable, etc.).
- Comfortable in a hybrid working environment.
- Able to travel up to 1-week / month (international business experience strongly preferred).
- Passion for the ocean and environment and desire to build your knowledge of plastics recycling.