Title: UX Designer
Location: Boston, MA
Oceanworks® is the sourcing engine for responsible plastic. Our global materials network, backed by shore-to-shelf traceability, makes it easy to deliver sustainable solutions at scale. As the one-stop-shop for recycled ocean plastic impact, materials, and products we are powering the circular economy. Join us to stop ocean plastic pollution! Learn more at: www.oceanworks.co.
Job Overview: Full Time
Fast paced and growing B2B business seeking qualified, driven, and energetic candidates to join the team as a UX Designer. Company is actively engaged in the removal and repurposing of discarded ocean plastic pollution through an online marketplace with plastic resins and components sourced from around the globe. We need a candidate with hustle, scrappiness, and the desire to build intuitive user experiences.
The UX Designer will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for managing and expanding everything related to design across the organization. User experiences range from our portal for customers purchasing materials to supply chain transparency software for suppliers. While primary responsibilities will be related to digital user experience design, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for design support for sales and marketing activities. This includes but is not limited to sales decks, website updates, and one-pagers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct user research studies to set design goals to achieve business objectives
- Create rapid mockups of new feature proposals for feedback and enhancement
- Create designs that range from small feature improvements to complex ground-up experiences based on user research insights and business requirements
- Develop design systems to improve long-term design productivity and engineering efficiency
- Collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to provide all design assets with consistency
- Work with internal team members to ensure alignment around product design
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in website and web app design
- Experience in Sketch, XD, or similar design software
- Comfort in designing consistent presentations and flyers
- Experience as a user researcher is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely if needed
- Off-hours calls may be required for consultation with partners in Europe and Asia