Title: Director of Operations
Location: Marina del Rey, Los Angeles, CA (San Francisco and Boston-based candidates considered)
Oceanworks® is the global marketplace for recycled ocean plastic materials and products. Our mission is to accelerate the market for recycled ocean plastic. We aim to support the circular economy by intercepting plastic waste before it enters the environment and providing material options that reduce the use of new materials. Join us! Let’s design a world without plastic pollution. Learn more at: www.oceanworks.co.
Job Overview: Full time role.
Fast paced and growing B2B services company seeking qualified and energetic candidate to join team as Director of Operations. Company is actively engaged in the removal and repurposing of discarded ocean plastic pollution through an online marketplace with plastic resins and components sourced from around the globe.
The Director of Operations will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for our supplier network, sourcing logistics and internal processes and documentation. Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable developing and implementing new procedures to reduce risk and streamline operations. The role requires an extensive understanding of business operations including: sourcing, logistics, finance, contracts, and business development. Ability to communicate clearly, build alignment among stakeholders, and independently develop and implement strategic initiatives is a must. Ocean plastic is a rapidly evolving space and OW must continually improve our processes and innovate to best serve and grow with our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish systems, processes and documentation for seamless day-to-day operations (e.g., supplier and customer communications, orders and logistics, 3rd party supplier audits, etc.)
- Directly oversee all supplier on-boarding and relations
- Address supply chain and compliance questions from customers
- Collaborate closely with sales, marketing and technology teams to iterate towards seamless flows for onboarding and serving customers
- Work closely with COO on budget planning and take responsibility for day-to-day approvals
- Oversee operations team including hiring, reviews, human resources duties etc.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- MBA or equivalent
- 5-10+ years total work experience
- Direct professional experience in supply chain & operations
- Demonstrated success in a strategic and/or leadership role
- Working knowledge of financial planning and experience with budget oversight
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable in an office and/or telecommuting
- Able to travel internationally up to 1-week / month
- Passion for the ocean and environment